The track section lanes are described using a specific syntax in the track palette editor Lane field, and similarly in the text file.
The general lane description is either
There is one line of lane description per lane (example: 2 lanes in the picture above).
The track section lane coordinate system is defined from left to right (X axis) and from top to bottom (Y axis). Lane coordinates are always given in library units in the track coordinate system.
The lane description can begin with the optional fields “L, length” where length is the lane length in library units. UR30 calculates automatically the lane from its definition when these optional fields are not specified.
L, 40, squiggle,4,11.5,10
Draws a squiggle lane (see below). Its length is forced to 40 cm (assumes the library units is “cm” here) instead of the length calculated by UR30.
The track shape coordinate system is defined from left to right (X axis) and from top to bottom (Y axis). Shape coordinates are always given in library units.
Syntax :- start point, end point.
The start point is the distance from the track section top to the beginning of the lane on the left track section side.
The end point is the distance from the track section top to the end of the lane on the right track section side.
Ultimate Racer automatically manages lane shape according to the track shape.
Ultimate Racer will draw a line for a rectangle shape, an arc for a curve track section or a squiggle for a squiggle track section.
Refer to the list of track section shapes for further details about track shapes.
Syntax :- array of points in shape coordinates and library units
The points are given in library units.
UR30 automatically attaches lane segments when they are close enough. In this example, there are 4 lane segments automatically grouped by UR30 in 2 complex track section lanes.
0,4,6,4,30,-3.7 -> green lane
0,11.5,6,11.5,30,19.3 -> yellow lane
Here there are 2 lane lengths per lane because each lane divided into 2 sub-lanes.
L,35.0,(0, 4.0)(35.0, 4.0)
L,35.0,(0, 11.5)(35.0, 11.5)
L,43.0,(11.5, -20.0)(11.5, 23.0)
L,43.0,(19.0, -20.0)(19.0, 23.0)
Syntax :- chicane, distance, height, strength
- distance: distance from the track section top to the lane beginning and end points on track section left & right sides. In library units
- height: specifies the depth is the chicane. A value of 0 is equivalent to a straight line. In library units
- strength: specifies how smooth is the lane. If this value is 0, then the lane will be straight
chicane,4,3,10 -> green lane
chicane,11.5,-3,10 -> red lane
Syntax :- squiggle, left distance, right distance, strength
- left distance: distance from the track section top to the lane beginning on track section left side. In library units
- right distance: distance from the track section top to the lane end on track section right side. In library units
- strength: specifies how tied is the lane. If this value is 0, then the lane will be straight
squiggle,4,11.5,10 -> green lane
squiggle,11.5,4,10 -> red lane